Friday, February 3, 2017

Early February Update

I have had a number of people ask me for an update today but I don't know that I have anything new to report, really.

We had an appointment of some sort almost every day this week! And next week we have even more appointments than we did this week! We're trying to check all the boxes on the rest of Job's care - immunizations, hematology follow up, ultrasounds of clots, our monthly Synagis injection (to fight potential RSV infection), our weekly therapies, GI follow up, etc.

Because of Job's weight gain, he has sufficient fat stores in his outer thighs and arms that we can now give his twice-daily lovenox (anticoagulant) injections in those spots too - not just his inner thighs! I'm so excited because his inner thighs are so very bruised and tender from his many injections. We alternate legs ("right at night") and I move around from groin to knee, trying to find a new spot each time, but I was running out of new places!

I keep expecting the surgery schedulers to call me to set up a date for his auxiliary fistula surgery (which we expect within two weeks), but they have yet to call. I called them this morning and might again on Monday.

Image may contain: one or more people and people sitting

No comments:

Post a Comment