Thursday, September 15, 2016

The Day Before Surgery Pt. 2

While Seth worked, I had Ezra and Isaac with me today at the hospital. Job had a really hard day, medic needs-wise, and the boys had a really hard day, obedience-wise, and Seth had a really hard day, work-wise. And I got to try to juggle all of the moving parts. Even merely few hours removed from the most intense stress of the day, I'm wondering how I was able to handle all of that. I suppose the answer is, as always, "but God".

My favorite part of the whole mostly-awful days was when we all squeezed on top of each other in the recliner to watch a movie. A last "last for a while".

Our hour of cuddles notwithstanding, today was one of the most stressful and difficult days we've experienced. I am so glad it's almost over. I'm so glad for the freshness tomorrow brings.

Every aspect of today was just hard, culminating in a very sobering discussion of just how complex Job's aortic arch repair will be with his surgeon, Dr. Nuri. It sounds like Job will also have a longer recovery than we were anticipating because of this complexity.

Snuggles with my three boys!! 
Job was pushed up to first case, which means I'll walk to the OR with him around 6:30am. We are expecting about 7-8 hours for anaesthesia and surgery, so perhaps we will get to see him around 2:30pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment