Thursday, November 22, 2018

Thanksgiving Day

We spent today playing and eating, just the five of us.


Despite intensive diuretics, nothing changed on Job's echo... which is very disappointing.

He gets two more days to keep trying diuretics and if nothing else changes then we have to start treating rejection. Even though the biopsy came up clean, if fluid retention isn't the answer for his issues then rejection must be. Although it's not ideal to give Job such high doses of steroids with confirmed rejection, giving unnecessary steroids is a small price to pay compared to not treating rejection at all. Something is wrong with his heart and they have to treat the worst thing.

His Tacro dose is climbing up, closer to range, but his dose also went up since it's not in range yet.

He's pretty happy and active and enjoyed spending the day off monitors, wandering around his room playing with his big brothers.


The big boys and I ran over to the Ronald MacDonald house and picked up a turkey dinner and brought it back to our room. I'm so thankful for the legions of volunteers at RMAC who daily donate their time and resources to feed and house families at SCH. I wish, mostly for the big boy's sake, that we could get a room there and they could spend the night but I understand and fully support giving rooms to families from much further away. It's just a big blessing that they now give out day passes to families like us.

I've been thinking all week about the timing of this hospital stay with the Thanksgiving holiday and really, I've been thinking about this since we listed for transplant. I'm thankful for Job's life... but I don't know if I'll ever be able to understand how grateful I am, let alone ever express it. I've almost felt numb to the emotions of all of this (this week and this past month) and I think that's largely because I can't even comprehend the magnitude of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment