Wednesday, May 10, 2017

GI Update

GI doesn't want him to go off his Miralax and Erythromycin and Omeprazole yet because his digestive system isn't (and won't ever be) getting enough oxygen. She wants to give him time to get stronger before we try to wean off the meds.

I do trust Dr. Len, but I would like to talk to Cardiology and I'd like to do some research of my own in hopes of dealing with his gastric issues off of these medications.

Job's also not quite gaining enough weight, but I'm less worried about that than his doctors are because our boys are always in the very low percentiles of height and weight. Job is steadily gaining and he's eating all sorts of foods now and enjoying them!

He's not doing quite as well on his oxygen wean any more either. We'll discuss that in a great deal next Thursday with Cardiology, but it could be that we're all just getting impatient and he simply needs more time. I know I had my hopes up that he would be off by this coming clinic appointment and am now disappointed that won't be happening. I refuse to get anxious about it yet, at least until we see Dr. Files next week, but I'm having to preach to myself quite a bit to remain hopeful at present.

Job won't stop moving though! He can't actually move more than a few inches and even then it's less intentional than it is incidental, but he's getting closer and closer! He wants to crawl (or at least move) sooo much!

No comments:

Post a Comment