Saturday, April 15, 2017

Cannula Issues

Wanna see what Job looks like under that cannula? Of course, he's constantly moving so I can't get a non-blurry photo.

Image may contain: 1 person, sitting and baby

We broke two cannulas today (despite not breaking a single one in the last 7 months) and are waiting for a rush delivery of new cannulas. Usually we just replace one a week, but our monthly delivery isn't set to arrive until next week and I used my "extra" one for this morning's replacement.

So far, he's keeping his sats up! But I can mickey mouse blow by with the extension cannula if I need to before the special courier gets here.

It's ridiculously exciting to be in a place where he can cope off oxygen for an hour or two instead of having to rush off to the ER for oxygen support.

Although, I did burst into tears when I realize how free and easy it is to pick him up and play with him or move him without that stupid cannula in the way. Occasionally we unplug him to do whatever (usually transition from concentrator to bottled oxygen) and that always feels so naked and normal despite the "tail" of the cannula trailing behind us. This? Wow. You just move wherever you want, however you want!!??! I mean, I'm grateful for oxygen cuz it keeps him alive, but if I wasn't excited about weaning off before, I am now!

No comments:

Post a Comment