Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Update #6

An update!

Very exciting news today: my OB said that as long as my biweekly non-stress tests continue to come back "good" then we don't have to set an induction date (at least until the baby shows he is under duress or until April 6th)!! I may yet get to go into labor naturally. This is something that I was hoping for but not expecting, so I'm cautiously optimistic that it may continue to hold true.

My body is obviously getting more and more ready for delivery as each day passes, but so far I really do feel as great (physically) as could be expected. We're checking a lot off of our to-do list each day too! And we've both been able to prioritize spending time with the boys (together and seperately), trying to squeeze in as much time with them as possible before Frightful comes.

We got to tour the NICU at Tacoma General today and learned a lot more about what to expect in the first days before we (hopefully) transfer up to Seattle Children's for surgery. Seth will get to go with Frightful immediately and likely be in his room with him almost constantly. I will get to visit within 2-6 hours after delivery. Because it is flu season Ezra and Isaac will not be allowed to visit in the NICU (unless Frightful begins to fail) but we were given a sliver of hope that we may be able to coordinate a quick, quick visit a moment or two after birth in the labor and delivery ward. Perhaps more than anything else I desperately want our boys to see their little brother in person before surgery... I suppose this is because he will likely be at his healthiest in the hours after birth and I (selfishly? unrealistically?) want them to get to meet him before he is covered in wires and tubes/in an incubator and also before surgery in case surgery is not successful. If we can't coordinate this then it sounds like we might be able to have Ezra and Isaac wait along the hallway when Frightful is transported from TG to SCH. Otherwise photos and video will have to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment